Welcome to Clarendon Elementary School
Clarendon Elementary School dining services are managed by Lexington. Here at CES we offer a program that meets the needs of today’s student. Each year you will experience exciting changes, fresh menus, and new enhancements to your dining program. These changes are a result of the feedback and input of many students, parents, and staff members.
Dining Hall Information and Policies
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Lexington, your new food service provider, is excited to be a part of your community. We look forward to preparing fun healthy choices for your student. We purchase local as much as possible and would value any opportunities you may have to enhance our program. We would love to meet you and encourage you to join your student for lunch! Please browse our website for monthly menus and other foodservice related information.
Lexingtont believes in choice, we all have different likes and dislikes. Your child can now choose from a variety of daily options:
- Chefs Choice- Main menu item for the day, featuring many of our favorite meals from Momma’s kitchen to kitchens around our diverse country and world.
- Little Italy- Assortment of Fresh Dough Pizza
- Hala Peno- Build your own Taco Salad, Burrito, Tacos, or Nacho Grande. Please be sure to look at the attached flyer for description.
- Deli- Freshly made subs, wraps and sandwiches to include vegetarian options and all of our favorite toppings.
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable bars- installed at each school. Assorted meats and cheese will be available to build a fresh Chef Salad, Chicken Caesar or Garden & Cheese
- Fresh Made Smoothies- Made with Fresh Fruit and Yogurt pair it with Granola for a fully reimbursable breakfast or lunch meal.
Breakfast at your schools will include:
- Assorted Cereals, Fresh Pastries, Yogurt and Fruit Parfaits, Smoothies, Egg and other Breakfast Specialties.
How do I Enroll?
- Go to www.myschoolbucks.com and register for an account.
- Activate your account and add students. You will need your student’s name and school ID number.
- Provide your credit or debit card information.
If you have any further questions, please visit www.myschoolbucks.com and select the Help/FAQ link. If you need assistance with the enrollment process, please call MySchoolBucks Customer Support at 1-855-832-5226.
FEATURES OF THE COMPUTERIZED SYSTEM
Benefits for Parents and Students
- When the account is prepaid you can be sure that your student is only using that money for nutritious lunches/breakfasts served in our cafeteria.
- Lunch is defined as a choice of entrée, milk choice, and up to four side dishes available to all students.
- Prepaid accounts for all students allows parents to deposit money in their student’s account, in any amount, at any time, without concerns about giving their student the exact change every morning.
- For those students receiving free or reduced meals, their meals will be rung up as all the other meals are. No one will know whether they are receiving a free or reduced meal or debiting their account, except for the cashier.
- Lunch lines move faster when meals are prepaid, thus providing students extra time to enjoy their lunch period.
- Parents can pay any amount at any time. Students can prepay on the line with cash or parents can send in checks (with the student ID# / or name on it), and students can give this to the cashier right in the lunch line. You are only charged for the lunches/breakfasts that are debited to your student’s ID academic eligibility number. All student ID numbers are confidential.
- Pin pads are located at every terminal; they provide ease of use and allow for quick transactions.
- Prepayment allows for better security rather than cash.
- Once the transaction has been completed, your student will know his/her account balance.
- Students may use any register. When a lunch or breakfast is recorded at one register, it will automatically be recorded on the other registers.
- When student accounts get low, students will be informed at the register of their balance.
- You can send in prepayment monies at any time. We recommend that parents send in checks rather than cash or pay on line using My School Bucks . All monies should be submitted only to cafeteria personnel.
- Regular lunches cost $2.60. Breakfast costs $1.50
- Checks are to be made payable to Your Schools Cafeteria Account.
- When sending a prepayment, please include the student’s ID# or Name on the face of the check. If you send in cash please indicate on the face of the envelope, the student’s ID# or Name.
Food Service Committee
The Food Service Committee welcomes your comments and suggestions concerning food service.
If you have any ideas about the Dining Hall or Meal Options, you may contact a committee member, drop a note in the suggestion box,email us a comment, or speak to the Food Service Director.
If you are interested in being a member of the committee contact the Food Service Director.
This is YOUR dining service and we are here to serve you! We appreciate your input and feedback to better meet your needs. You can make your voice heard through comment cards or just introduce yourself and tell us what you think.
Special Dietary Needs
If you have special dietary needs please consult with the Food Service Director. All efforts will be made to meet your special needs.
We have a wealth of resources available to our guests, including the expert guidance of a registered dietitian. Arrangements can be made for individual consultations concerning any dietary need, such as sports nutrition, weight control, food allergies, or medically prescribed diets.
Supporting Local Farms & Food
Fitz Vogt is a proud supporter of local agriculture and the Buy Local initiative.
The Rutland Area Farm and Food Link (RAFFL) is working to build a farm and food system that involves and benefits everyone in the Rutland region of Vermont.
Menus will be written seasonally with an emphasis on the use of fresh, local and regional ingredients. Our purchasing program has been developed with environmentally-sound sourcing policies in mind that include: humanely raised meat and eggs, rBGH-free dairy products, and the use of locally-grown produce.
The FSD is available to answer any nutritional or allergy-related questions. Fitz Vogt employs a full-time registered dietitian to address further concerns. The dining staff will make any reasonable accommodations for students with allergies. Identifiers are also placed in front of the meal selections to denote which allergens they may contain.